Well, sometimes in life we have the opportunity to experience a life changing event. And that's what happened to me at Mike Filsaime's workshop this past weekend.
It was, quite simply, outstanding. Mike Filsaime and Tom Beal have gained my admiration in so many ways. They organized a powerful, information packed, fun weekend! It was limited to 100 attendees and the price of admission, $5000, was well worth it!
Two things came up over again. The speakers all mentioned "reciprocity" in marketing. Now that surprised me! I didn't expect marketers to promote the concept of giving to others first and receiving it back later. Very impressive! The other important reminder was to surround yourself with people who believe in you. Eliminate from your life the negative people, the ones who put you down and the ones who tell you that you'll never make it. Of course, they don't want you to succeed, because then they'll be left alone in the dust! Stick with people who encourage you.
That's one of the best reasons that I would urge you to attend one of these seminars when you can. You are infused with positive energy. You gain confidence when you're surrounded with people who tell you that you can do it. We ALL need that!
One speaker after another shared powerful marketing tips to the audience, and then we had breaks to meet them and mingle. They were more than willing to talk to people like me and give their very valuable advice!
I spent a lot of time with Wayne VanDyke, from Simple Money Machines and he gave me a lot of valuable tips. I find that when you brainstorm with other like minded individuals, you come up with ideas that you wouldn't have come up with on your own. Wayne is a great guy, and I can't speak highly enough of his product, Simple Money Machines.
The most important thing I'l like to share for you was the plan for success that came up over and over again and here it is:
1. Develop a vision...what do you want to accomplish.
2. Develop a plan to attain your goal.
3. Learn what you need to know to reach that goal. This is where we tend to get stuck. We do not need to know EVERYTHING there is to know about Internet marketing. Learn what you need to learn. Find the right gurus and take their courses, read their ebooks or sign up for coaching.
4. Hire someone to do what you can't do. Go to elance.com or workaholics4hire.com and hire people to write articles, create software or whatever else you need to do and can't do on your own.
5. TAKE ACTION! This is the critical point where people fail. You MUST take action to succeed!
That's it for now...feel free to leave your comments and I'll add more soon!!